Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Three Years & We Share Milk.

On May 25th we celebrated our 3 year anniversary, and tonight, to the pure joy of my husband, I poured a glass of milk for me and my sweetie to share. I have long despised any sort of milk product sharing: shakes, yogurt, creamy soups, and if you ever tried to make me share cottage cheese I would lose it.

Three years ago I never could have imagined being the one to initiate the sharing of milk, but I also didn't know how much more I could love the boy I chose to marry. To Love!

We celebrated with a little weekend trip to Little America in Salt Lake, which was also our first night away from Tag. He stayed with my mom and did great (minus the middle of the night freak out when I wasn't the one to get him. Don't feel the least bit bad, Mom, he doesn't even let Jon hold him in the night).

We met this nice man on the side of the Capitol Theatre. We took a walk after dinner at Olive Garden and he came out and talked with us. He is a Salt Lake County Sheriff, and was on duty there. They keep an officer there 24 hours a day. I told him it was our anniversary and he asked if we wanted to see something cool, and naturally I always trust a man in uniform, so he led us into the basement of the theatre. He gave us a tour of all the art on the walls for each show that comes through, and then took us up to the stage where we sang. So freakin sweet!

Me showing off my new princess cut earrings to match my ring. I actually ruined the surprise. Right when we got in the car to leave from home I opened the glove compartment to get a tissue for Tag, and there was the little box with a bow on it. I quickly shut it, but Jon had already seen. He told me just to open it then, but I insisted he wait and give it to me at dinner or the hotel. About 20 minutes later we pulled up to I-Hop for breakfast and I insisted that he give it to me in the parking lot before we go in. I'm no good with anticipation. Thanks Sweetie!

The quaint room...oh, and my new watch. I got blinged and accesorized!

Killer view from our balcony.


Our actual anniversary was on Memorial Day. We kind of forgot to wish each other a Happy Anniversary until we were heading out to our family get togethers. I guess we'd already celebrated! The day was filled with cemetery visits, bbqs, and luckily...no rain!

That looks like a heavy load!

Grandpa Tag with the boys.


Hand-off.

Tag and Maliya playing through the door.

Abel grand kids.

9 comments:

Clint and Sheri said...

Jonathan spoiled you! Looks like you guys had fun. You are just looking so adorable these days! Seriously you look great. We will all totally have to go hiking together! I also just joined lady fitness (they are SO awesome) I am looking for friends to join with me. You should think about it!

Trinity said...

You seriously ar so beautiful. Always blinged and accessorized. Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary. Congrats!

Jake & Karaline said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! Love the new blog look.

Dixie said...

I like the new bling. I'm glad that you guys had fun.

Trinity said...

Your header looks so cute. Might I add too, I could never share milk. I would barf.

Amanda said...

i bringing over some cottage cheese to dinner tomorrow for us to share:)

The White's said...

Melissa you and jon are like the happiest couple I know. I love you guys and am glad that you had such a great anniversary. Congrats on three great years and one amazing little boy!

Jillian said...

Happy anniversary!You guys singing on a stage together because a sweet old man let you have the "benhind the scenes look" is the sweetest thing ever! I thought it only happened in movies!?! Tag is getting so big , he is so cute I want to keep him !

Erin said...

what a fun weekend! congrats about sharing milk

Just the three of us...