Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mommy Life

I have already neglected my new blog, while still enjoying to read all of yours!

I am really loving this new mommy life. It is so incredibly different, but every second is enjoyable. Here are just a few of the wonderful changes I have noticed recently:

  • I now tell time by noticing if the Today Show, Regis & Kelly, Good Things Utah, The View, Ellen, or Oprah is on TV. No, I am not a couch potato mom who just sits around watching the tube all day, but what else am I supposed to do while feeding this boy every 2 1/2 hours! Aside from the Miley Cyrus nakie pics scandal and Obama's crazy pastor, I am really enjoying the replay of Brooke and Paula's mess ups.
  • I laugh soooo much more (yes, even being married to Jon!)
  • I am now responsible for cleaning out someone elses toe jam.
  • I am completely okay to go back to bed smelling like sour milk, spit up, and baby poo, after a nightly feeding. I am so going to log every possible hour of sleep!
  • Church is lots more fun (the kick back in the mother's room is awesome).
  • I didn't think my mom could love me any more, but I'm almost positive she does now.
  • Finally, there is nothing sexier than watching my husband change a diaper and put a baby to bed.

Speaking of new mommy life, I have a new niece. Little Amoree Scholer was born April 24 to Katie and Eric. This girl is beautiful and has a lustrous head of hair the likes of which I've never seen, except on a latina baby! Check back in for some pics with her cousin, Tag.

2 comments:

Brock said...

It's starts with knowing all of the hot gossip on TV, then you'll find yourself purchasing a "larger" vehicle.. you know what I'm talking about.

Jolene & Jack said...

Brock helped me create a blog! Hopefully you can help me add some fun things to it shortly, but here is is: jolenejack.blogspot.com

Just the three of us...