Monday, May 12, 2008

Stellar mom's day!

As a first time mom, I have to say, I sure did enjoy Mother's Day. I certainly appreciate my mom more, now that I know what it means to be a mother.
My sweet husband made sure I was not overlooked in the least, and I came out feeling very special! The morning started out quite hectic as Jon had to run from meeting to meeting and prepare a mother's day talk, but he still found time to make me scrambled eggs and toast. He even fed some of it to me, as I was busy getting myself and Tag ready for church. At church, Jon spoke on pioneer mothers, along with making some nice comments about myself and his own good mommy.
When we got back, I was treated with 3 envelopes. One was a card which played a song by our boys, Rascal Flatts. In the card there was a letter from Taggart that had a list of thank yous, certainly a tear jerker. The next was just from Tag-a dove candy bar, my fave chocolate. The final envelope was a gift certificate to New Image Day Spa for 3 treatments. Truly I cannot think of anything I would want more than to spend a day getting pampered. Thanks baby daddy!

A special thank you and I love you to all the moms in my life!

1 comments:

Shawn, Megan, Cambree & Carson said...

MELISSA.... Oh my gosh I am so excited for you to have a baby! They are a lot of work but they are so much fun and they are so worth the it!! Anyways I am so happy for the both of you! Congrats!! He is adorable!!

Megan

Just the three of us...