Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Half-Birthday Tag Boy!

Our little guy is growing up. We're not sending him off to
school or anything yet, but on August 12th he turned the big
6 months. His doctor reported that he is doing great. Tag is 19 1/2 lbs. and 28 inches. We decided to take an evening hike to celebrate.

We recently bought him a new hiking pack due to a failed trip up Waterfall Canyon, that ended about a half mile up the hill, because of carrying him like this......(see picture above)

This pack does not fit on the hubby, so it was pretty much like carrying him around in my uterus again, except at triple the size. Not cool.






This is our new, upgraded pack. He's like a little prince sitting atop his chariot.
P.S. Yes, Jon can carry this one just fine, but I wanted to give it a try, as he already took him all the way to Waterfall Canyon in it.

This is just the Wheeler Creek trail up Ogden Canyon. It looks like we're in the Himalaya's or somewhere much neater.



Ok, here's where the half-birthday fun comes in. We decided to go with an easy-to-pack Hostess cupcake.

I told Jon to let him try it (meaning let him lick a little cream off your finger) and this was his understanding of the instruction.

He loved it! Do I really even need to put that? Who wouldn't love a Hostess cupcake?


And finally, the downfall to his new, cool pack...not so comfy when he falls asleep on the hike down:(



The End. Happy half-birthday son!

7 comments:

jmemay said...

Oh my gosh! He is my favorite! I love the one with the chocolate all over his face. And I like to zonk out after chocolate too :). Looks like a fun hike! And the pack is super duper cool. Do you think they make them for adults? Where's my big human when I need one??

Erin said...

I love wheeler creek!!! And don't blame Tag for loving his cupcake...Happy Half Birthday TAG

RicAnn said...

What a cute boy! He really has a great smile :) Happy 1/2 Birthday Tag!

Amanda said...

Wow Tag! I wonder how come you are so big. Hmmm maybe it has to do with the fact that your parents feed you cupcakes :) You will catch up to Savana in no time! Jk. He is so so cute. I am proud to call him my nephew!

Brock said...

He got a cupcake and didn't even have to hike up the mountain. Man, this kid has it easy.

Robbie and Shay said...

Happy 6 months to your cute lil' chub! (no, not Jon)

AG said...

He is so cute. I am so glad that you guys do such fund stuff as a family. I love the cheese grin that your boy has. It is great! Love you all bunches and bushes.

Alisha

Just the three of us...