Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Birthday Week

My Birthday week is officially over:( I'm now a quarter of a century old, and what a quarter it has been! My life is so blessed and it just keeps getting better. The past year has been a whirl of goodness and joy. I went from working 40 hour weeks for the state and just taking care of Jon and myself, to being a mom and caring for a very special boy. My work day now, never ends, but who can call this work? OK, really any care I'm giving between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am I consider work, but every other hour is just play.

Thanks to my sweet boys, my birthday was extra fun.

Jon rented out a room at the Ice Sheet and our families came to skate with us. Having a winter birthday, my mom took me and friends to do this a couple of times when I was young. I luv it!



This is what I woke up to on the day of my birthday, January 20th. I enjoyed my doughnut while watching the inauguration.
Dad and Tag decorating my ice cream cake.Hogle Zoo. We did this the Saturday before my birthday. Ya know how they advertise that the animals are more active during the winter? False, we didn't even get to see the elephants...boo. But, we still had a good ole' time!




10 comments:

Trinity said...

I am so glad that your boys made your Birthday so special. I am glad that you liked your accesories. I knew just what I wanted to get you. So I am glad that you liked them. I love to ice skate. Thanks for doing our visit teaching this month.

Jake & Karaline said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! I wish I could have joined you for ice skating, I always love going.

Brock said...

Can we really ever consider the zoo animals "active?" Oh well, happy birthday anyway!

The White's said...

Glad to hear that your birthday week was so fun!

Megan said...

I am sorry that I missed your birthday. I am glad that you had a good one. What nice guys, decorating your cake, and the flower :)

Jillian said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your boys are so cute giving you a fun b-day!YOu deserve it!

Erin said...

happy happy birthday- it looks like it was filled with lots of fun things. P.S I didn't realize our birthdays are a day apart- that is one more thing similarity!

RicAnn said...

How fun is that! I love Birthday week :) And way to go Jon on making it so fun!

I can't believe how big your lil' guy is getting. He is so cute!

Holly said...

It's always fun to have a birthday WEEK! That's how we celebrate around here too! Looks like yours was a blast, I love that you all went ice skating, very cool! :)

P.S. Just between you and me, Justin is missing Jonathan too! We should get our two 10 year olds together soon! :)

Sheena said...

HAPPY VERY LATE BIRTHDAY! I love that you got a birthday doughnut! I have never thaught of that. And I REALLY need your icing holder. That baby is sweet! (ha ha no pun intended) Where did you guys get it?

Just the three of us...