Tuesday, July 29, 2008

To my super observant friends

Yes, Shay and Erin, off with my hair. I think it's great that you noticed! I have been meaning to make a post of it, but I wanted to get a picture with my niece, and it hasn't happened yet. You see, my adorable niece, Jayde, had grown out her hair so that she could donate it to Locks of Love, so we cut our hair off the same week and are sending both ponies in.

I know this moment in a girls life can be quite monumental and even bring tears, but I was so ready for it to go. Sadly, I was always the girl who somehow believed it was ridiculous that women cut their hair after they have kids. It just seemed like the downfall to getting a minivan, hanging around in sweats all day, no makeup, and getting Cherrios stuck to your butt. My have I had a change of heart. I got so tired of pulling my hair out of Taggart's hands that I started wearing it up every day, and then I got tired of seeing myself in a pony tail everyday!
So......
Goodbye to chunks of hair in my son's sweaty little hand.
Goodbye to dumping a bottle of drano down the tub once a week.
Goodbye to spending Tag's entire first nap blowdrying and styling my hair.
Goodbye to pony tails (well, most of the time. I strategically kept it just long enough for this very reason).
BUT, goodbye to young girl with sex appeal, and hello to minivan mom in sweats??? I think not!! Hello to short, "I am a busy mom who, though I cut my hair, refuses to get old, stop wearing makeup, and enter into sweats because I can't quite fit comfortably into my jeans yet:(" That's right, and ya know what? I really like the Mazda MPV, and it's called a WAGON, not a MINIVAN!

7 comments:

RicAnn said...

I think everyone does the cutting of the hair after their first wee one. But you look super cute!!!

Robbie and Shay said...

That's freaking hysterical. I know Tag will always be known as the kid with the *hot mom*!

Erin said...

OK...so Ty hasn't got into this whole blogging thing- but I read your post outloud to him and together we laughed our heads of...have fun driving your wagon :)

Holly said...

Hilarious!!! I couldn't agree more!!! I'm due for one of those short sexy mom haircuts!!!

Kayla said...

Let me get this straight - you're tellin' me sweat pants, minivans & nappy hair - all uncool? CRAP!

Kim said...

You are hilarious! It sounds like i have lots to look foward to when i become a mom (that is not an announcement)! Your hair is super cute, i thought it looked shorter in those pics but i thought maybe it was partaily pulled back! anyways it looks cute!

Shawn, Megan, Cambree & Carson said...

Melissa I love your hair too!

Just the three of us...