Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome President Elect Obama


What a monumental election we were all able to participate in.  It is amazing to see our country's progress in so many different ways.  As I was watching the polling results last night, Rudy Giuliani made a great comment before the results were given.  He was asked if he had faith in Obama fixing the mortgage/economy crisis.  Giuliani replied by saying he is a McCain supporter, but if Obama were to win, tomorrow morning we are all Americans and should support Obama, because if he is to fail as our President, we all fail.  I think with all of these party differences, this is often a difficult thing for Americans to do.  I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the biggest George Bush Fan, although I was disgusted with the constant disrespect he was given as our President. The highest office in our Country deserves a certain honor that it no longer is receiving.  I hope that as a country we can all support our new President, no matter who we voted for (and maybe give our current President a little more love on his way out).
I'm assuming you all may be curious as to who I voted for, or maybe by this title you just assume Obama. Well, I consider myself unaffiliated and I sincerely try to sort out the issues, ignoring party lines, and make a decision with prayer.  It really was a hard one for me.  I'm just excited to see what our new President can do in healing world relationships and correcting the economy.  I sure am grateful to live in a free country with so many opportunities.  I also am grateful for my Dad for serving in the military and taking a part in politics.  I really see him as a great example and an involved citizen in bettering our country.  I also just happened to marry into a very patriotic family, also with military backgrounds and political service.  Not to mention a husband who was born the day before our country's birthday and has a deep admiration and love for these same things.  What wonderful, USA loving, examples I have for my children! 

5 comments:

Sheena said...

I agree with everything you said. We as a country overcame a huge milestone last night.

Amanda said...

GO OBAMA! YAY

Kayla said...

Ditto sista!

Erin said...

AMEN SISTA

Melanie said...

I've heard quite a few people on the news recently saying that now, no matter who we voted for, we need to give our support to President-elect Obama, on whatever issues we can. I completely agree. As president, he deserves respect and prayer and support. Certainly we still have to stand up for whatever we disagree with him about (like his horrible stance on abortion), but also need to find common ground and completely support him in those aspects. Yea for America! It's great that we have the right to support our leaders, yet still debate and disagree with certain policies/viewpoints.

Also, thanks for your political post. So many people seem to shy away from it, but I think it's great. I love discussing these types of things, and it's important to do so. You're awesome!

Just the three of us...